Covid-19 Update & Policies
Stage 2 of Open for Summer Plan is now in effect. What does this mean for you?
- Sandtraps is now open for indoor dinning. With a maximum of 6 people per table indoors and outdoors. (this does not have to be same the household)
- Carts will be permitted to be shared by two golfers “not” in the same household.
We will be able to look back on our 95th year of existence and reminisce with covid stories to cement the memories in our mind. Let’s get this done, get golfing and have some fun.
It’s still very important to Reflecting on club values of doing it WRITE – (Workplace, Respect, Integrity, Team and Excellence), we appreciate the endeavors of NAGA and Alberta Health Services allowing golf to be enjoyed and operate safely within the new mandates not only for our members and guests, but staff as well.
Our community is particularly important to the club and our members are the foundation of club culture. Our members, guests, employees, and community have shown enduring patience and cooperation in adapting to the changes over the past several months, and we thank you for your continued support and efforts to keep us all safe and healthy.
The 18 hole rotation is now in full effect and tee times will be spaced 10 minutes apart.
- Tee times will still be done by ballot for weekend times.
- Weekday time may be booked 5 days in advanced.
- Members are limited to one tee time per day. A second time may be booked on the day of play should any be available.
- You are allowed to play with a foursome now. They don’t have to be from the same household.
- All leagues have begun and keep and eye out for the tournament schedule coming out soon.
- Guests will be permitted to play.
- We will not be grouping singles into groups of two.
- Individuals may not enter into any tee time already booked by another single.
Effective June 10th ,the following rules will be in place for the club:
- All Food & Beverage indoor/patio dining OPEN
- Concessions – OPEN
- Golf Shop will remain open for retail shopping.
- Occupancy will be reduced to 5 people at one time (not including staff).
- Golf lessons, both private and group sessions are now permitted.
- Club fitting, by appointment only.
- Practice Areas – OPEN.
- Times for driving range may now be booked online.
- Times for far end of range and practice hole booked by calling pro shop.
- Short game area is OPEN please book by calling pro shop.
- Sessions will be 45 minutes long at each location with limited spacing.
- Outdoor seating area – OPEN
- Locker Room facilities will remain OPEN.
- Showers – CLOSED.
Club Covid Protocols:
- No walk-ons, you must have a pre-arranged tee time.
- Debit and Credit cards are the encouraged form of payment.
- Two riders per cart are now allowed.
- Only the group on-deck may use the putting green.
- Golfers shall remain in cars until 30 minutes before their tee time.
- Obey starters and time gap between tees time.
- Limit of 5 persons in the Golf Shop at one time
- All Golf Shop purchases are a final sale.
- Social distance markings on the ground will indicate where it is safe to stand.
- Modified cups – no touching flag.
- Added hand sanitization stations are available.
- Increased cleaning practices in public spaces and commonly touched areas
- Limited number of staff working on site.
- Golfers must depart immediately after their round. No tailgating
- When near the Clubhouse during a lightning delay, please return to your vehicle rather than congregating with other players until ALL CLEAR is sounded; when on-course, please seek shelter and wear your mask if other players are present.
- Benches will be limited.
- No bunker rakes.
- Limited ball washers
- AND MOSTLY…. No High-Five’s!
At Canmore Golf and Curling Club, we are committed to the safety of our staff and guests.
Our staff will be asked to remind players of the current Provincial Covid Protocol along with our expectations during their visit.
Not withstanding our personal perspective and opinions interpreting Covid pandemic response by our Province, Please be respectful to our wonderful team, who work so hard creating our experiences and those of fellow players.
As we continue to navigate through this, we should look at the positives.
- The golf course will be open.
- The Range and Practice areas are open
- The Food and Beverage team is excited to welcome everyone back. Indoors and outdoors.
- The Pro Shop team will be on board to help you.
- Turfcare team will have the course in shape.
We would like to remind everyone that the rules/regulations above are fluid and will be revised as a result of any further modifications enacted by Alberta Health Services or the Government of Alberta.
Lets have a great golf season! Stay tuned for the last stage coming in the next few weeks!